Welcome to the Hunter Valley Gemmology Club
Our Club's objectives are to foster and encourage the study and practice of the art of lapidary and related arts and crafts. We provide workshop facilities for members at our clubrooms, conduct instruction, organise field trips and social functions to promote fellowship and mutual aid among our members.
Opening times and location
The Club is open on Wednesdays from 9am to 3pm and Sundays from 10am to 4pm. Our Club is at 1 Maize St, East Maitland.
Monthly meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month at 10am.
Gem show & lapidary exhibition
Our open day - Gem Show and Lapidary Exhibition is on Saturday 24 September 2016. Details are:
- 9.30 to 3.00;
- displays of the Club's lapidary competition entries;
- sale of handmade jewellery, gemstones, slabs and minerals;
- club tours;
- demonstrations of faceting and silverwork;
- carboot sales and outside stalls;
- sausage sandwiches, bacon and egg rolls, cakes, tea, coffee and softdrinks;
- free entry and plenty of parking.
Other events in 2016
- Christmas Dinner: Saturday 10 December